Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $54,308 - $95,139
- Bachelor’s degree
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
Communications Officers support a diverse range of public affairs functional areas, including internal communications, public communications, media relations, and event planning. You may also create metrics to measure the effectiveness of communications and advise senior leaders. You will be a member of a team and operate with independence and autonomy in drafting communications, meeting with customers, writing articles and other communications products. Additionally, you may be interacting with the CIA workforce, Intelligence Community, and the public.
Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences, and you will be expected to develop and maintain your skills commensurate with industry-wide best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- Public Relations
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to research and draft original content for a variety of channels and audiences
- Have practical understanding of digital tools, including Sharepoint and WordPress content management systems
- Have good understanding of accessibility and usability issues; create content that meets ADA 508 requirements
- Advise on, analyze, and support the implementation of feedback mechanisms (quantitative and qualitative) to measure effectiveness of communication
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, accurate text and to proofread and correct English usage, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to organize events that advance communication objectives; may include a range of tasks related to logistics and content
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.