Browse CIA Jobs
Customer Service Representative
About the Job
As a Customer Service Representative Officer (CSR), you will provide customer service at the corporate level supporting worldwide operations in the Human Resources Service Center, Ask HR Call Center, and Payroll and Benefits divisions. As the first point of contact for employees with questions, your primary duties will be to resolve and answer customer inquiries, gather and process data, research and solve problems, maintain data integrity, and provide document support and imaging. All work is performed primarily in an office environment under the immediate supervision of a team lead or first-line supervisor.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive customer service and/or administrative support
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong customer skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively within teams
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and willing to learn additional information systems and or software
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.