Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $64,137 - $134,798
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field or related studies
- Foreign language bonus eligible
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Digital Targeter for CIA, you will focus on the analysis and exploitation of all-source information to drive human, technical, or blended operations that advance intelligence objectives. Digital Targeters are “hunters”, investigative, pragmatic, and operationally driven to solve complex problems. These activities result in the production of foreign intelligence, the collection of key information, the disruption of adversary activities, and the performance of operations across CIA’s mission priorities.
You will support the initiation of cutting-edge operations on a wide range of priorities by applying specialized tradecraft, tools, and data. Digital Targeters work to develop innovative digital solutions to solve complex challenges on elusive targets and will effectively communicate these solutions and findings to non-technical partners.
Opportunities may exist for domestic and foreign travel, technical and specialized training and assignments in other CIA offices.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Mathematics or equivalent technical studies
- International Affairs
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred
- Professional and/or educational experience working across a variety of technical disciplines
- Ability to successfully navigate the Internet and mobile environment
- Critical thinking skills; advanced research skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Intelligence Community experience
- Professional and/or educational experience with programming and algorithmic techniques
- Foreign language skills, especially in unique foreign languages
What You’ll Need to Apply
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- A writing sample, five (5) pages MAXIMUM, single spaced, technical or analytic paper that focuses on your current area of expertise or interest and is related to your interest in positions at CIA. You can excerpt longer papers.