Environmental Protection Specialist
- *Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level.
- Bachelor's degree
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
Responsibilities of the Environmental Protection Specialist include:
- Advise on, manage & perform activities related to environmental protection programs (e.g., air & water quality, storage tanks, hazardous waste management, cultural & natural resources, and site restoration & remediation) at your location of assignment
- Conduct inspections/audits to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state & local laws, regulations & standards & take action to correct
- Build relationships with regulators & prepare permit applications & permit-required documentation
- Prepare & manage support contracts, to include acting as the contracting officer’s representative
- Develop policies & operating guidance/procedures
- Coordinate on all construction activities to ensure environmental effects are considered in the planning & decision-making
- Develop & execute a budget
This position requires a commitment to serve where mission needs are located. You must maintain an ongoing readiness to travel and relocate to meet short and long-term organizational requirements. A commitment to travel overseas, including hardship locations, is required.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Environmental Science/Policy/Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Chemistry, Biochemistry, Geochemistry
- GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Excellent verbal, quantitative, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, who is flexible, detail-oriented, and is able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take on additional duties related to the Occupational Safety and Health field, as well as become a subject matter expert in a specific environmental field
- Willing to travel & regularly rotate assignments/locations
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.