Browse CIA Jobs
Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist
About the Job
Responsibilities of the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Specialist include:
- Identifies, designs and executes strategies to eliminate barriers to EEO within CIA’s MD 715 Program.
- Coordinates, develops, and markets an Agency-wide campaign for Equity. Conducts trainings and briefings to senior leaders and staff to facilitate compliance with MD 715 program requirements.
- Provides expert advice and assistance to senior management officials, supervisors, and employees to advise them of their roles and responsibilities for EEO and Equity in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and directives.
- Establishes, maintains and improves internal controls and administrative procedures and systems for formal and informal EEO complaints.
- Develops and establishes policy and procedure manuals, quality measures, operational priorities and outcome-based goals and objectives for the EEO Office.
- Develops and manages a quality assurance program.
- Serves as a consultant and advisor to Agency staff and management officials regarding the EEO process.
- Develops and maintains statistical data regarding the discrimination complaint process.
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, products based on OEEO standard operating procedures.
This position requires a commitment to serve where mission needs are located. You must maintain an ongoing readiness to travel to meet short and long-term organizational requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is a principle that asserts all people should have the right to work and advance on the basis of merit and ability. CIA’s Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (OEEO) serves as an Enterprise Function responsible for enforcing Federal Laws and Regulations that prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in employment law or a minimum of 10 years specialized and related work experience serving as a subject matter expert in EEO or employment law
- GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Excellent verbal, quantitative, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations and policies of Equal Employment and Civil Rights programs that guide the EEO complaint process
- Working knowledge of an organization’s policies and practices to identify systemic equal employment problems
- Ability to provide consulting services to managers regarding issues relating to the complaint process
- Ability to communicate orally to provide recommendations on program operations
- Highly motivated self-starter, who is flexible, detail-oriented, and is able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take on additional duties related to the Equal Employment Opportunity field, as well as become a subject matter expert in a specific EEO area
- Willing to travel domestically and foreign field
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Program Management experience
- Budget experience
- Contract experience or COTR
- Employment Law proficiency
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.