Browse CIA Jobs
Graduate Studies Program-Computer Science
- Starting salary: $81,861 - $90,242
- Bachelor's degree
- Full-time student enrolled in a graduate program of study
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Computer Science graduate student for CIA, you will work alongside full-time officers in an R&D or quick-turnaround environment on any number of different programs to develop tools and techniques that utilize emerging software/hardware development.
You will have the opportunity to use and enhance your knowledge of operating systems, communications technologies, mobile platforms, and computer networks.
At a minimum, students are required to work two 90-day tours prior to graduation with the option to complete additional tours depending on availability.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Full-time student pursuing a graduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science/Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Project/Program Management
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- RF/Wireless Communications
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour prior to graduation with the possibility to do additional tours depending on availability
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, mission-focused environment with multiple competing priorities
- Organizational and planning skills
- Written ad verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Ability to script/code
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees in the past five years
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.