Browse CIA Jobs
Graduate Studies Program-Contracting Officer
- Starting salary: $57,351
- Full-time student enrolled in a graduate program of study
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Contracting Officer Graduate Intern for CIA, you will be responsible for the procurement of the products and services needed for mission requirements. You will do so in an efficient, cost-effective manner and provide administrative support on contracts while developing technical expertise. With close supervision, you will learn and use innovative acquisition business practices as you gain contracting experience in the following areas: pre-award acquisition planning, documentation solicitation, negotiation, administration, and contract closeout.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Enrolled in a graduate program of study as a full-time student focusing on one of the following fields or related studies (those entering graduate school will be required to produce an acceptance letter prior to onboarding):
- Business Administration
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour prior to graduation
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale in a business-related major
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to administrative details
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.