Browse CIA Jobs
Graduate Studies Program-Education and Training Specialist
- Starting salary: $72,839 - $117,516
- Full-time student enrolled in a graduate program of study
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As an Education and Training Specialist Graduate Intern for CIA, you will help develop creative learning solutions to improve Agency performance. You will design and evaluate mission-critical training programs used by CIA employees at all levels serving worldwide. You will work alongside subject matter experts and will partner with talented graphic designers and multimedia developers to design learning experiences. You will also leverage a variety of technologies, incorporate instructional design principles, and develop strategies to evaluate the outcomes of your work.
The Graduate Studies Program also allows participants and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of graduate school.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Enrolled in a graduate program of study as a full- time student focusing on one of the following fields or related studies:
- Instructional Design
- Educational Technology
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of face-to-face, blended, or online learning experiences
- Program evaluation
- Data collection and analysis methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with modern-day learning techniques and methods, paired with an innovative and creative mindset
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.