Graduate Studies Program-Human Resources Officer
About the Job
As a Human Resources Graduate Intern for CIA, you will operate in multi-functional areas, including payroll, benefits, recruitment, leadership and development, and business partnerships. You will support and work alongside HR Officers and business partners to provide an array of information, guidance, and assistance to employees and managers. Work can range from policy development, curriculum development, program management, and/or customer service.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Enrolled in a graduate program of study as a full-time student in one of the following fields:
- Human Resources Management
- Human Capital Management
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Organizational Development
- Public Administration
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Analytic skills with the capability to research data and the ability to discuss workable solutions
- Critical thinking skills
- Prior working experience in Human Resources
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees and current degree programs
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.