Browse CIA Jobs
Inspector General Chief Strategy Officer
About the Job
As the Inspector General’s Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), you will work directly with the Inspector General to ensure the OIG has an effective strategic planning capability and is making progress toward its goals. You will lead the OIG’s corporate strategy, governance, and risk management functions. Specifically you will:
- Assist the Inspector General to set long-range goals and objectives, translate objectives into specific projects, determine program emphasis, plan for long-range staffing and organizational needs, and manage organizational changes. Work closely with Assistant IGs to manage organizational changes and to ensure resources meet organizational goals.
- Assist in ensuring that OIG’s financial, human capital, workforce development, information technology and data analytics, internal and external communications, quality assurance, records management, and support service functions are as efficient and productive as possible.
- Monitor implementation of decisions made by the Inspector General; review accomplishments for timeliness and acceptability; and ensure the IG’s directives, instructions, and policies are followed.
- Engage in and coordinate management analysis and planning supporting current and future OIG programs and activities, including conducting and overseeing strategic planning with the objective of ensuring the necessary infrastructure to enable evolving OIG programs and operations and that resources are used effectively and efficiently throughout the organization.
- Engage with both governmental and non-governmental organizations to promote CIA OIG programs and initiatives. Develop a plan for conducting meaningful outreach to external partners, including congressional oversight committees, CIA entities, and others.
- Maintain awareness of new policies, procedures, regulations, and directives and develop and recommend an operational framework for policies, programs, and systems designed to increase efficiency and economy of OIG functions and operations.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA and our diverse teams keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited university
- An understanding of the work of the Intelligence Community
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent judgment, discretion, communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience or exposure to executive staff work (expert behind-the-scenes collaborator and team builder)
- An understanding of the work of the CIA
- An understanding of the work of Inspectors General offices
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Cover letter describing your ability to lead change, build coalitions, and meet organizational goals.