All applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens (dual U.S. citizens also eligible)
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Able to complete security and medical evaluations
- Registered for the Selective Service
About the Job
As a Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officer for the CIA, you will promote the acquisition process in order to enable Agency mission and collaborate in a team environment. Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officers serve as an acquisition advisor to customers by crafting sound business solutions and seeking opportunities to create efficiencies. Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officers perform acquisition planning and lifecycle functions and activities of increasing complexity for fixed-price, commercial and/or independent contracts through contract settlement. They also perform staff officer responsibilities and serve as the point of contact for the Agency when transferring funds to military services or other government agencies.
You will work closely with the Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative throughout the contract period of performance with property transfers, final disposition and contract settlement and closeout.
The majority of your career will be based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, though some domestic travel to contractor facilities may be required.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years or more relevant of full-time experience providing direct customer service in a public or private sector organization. (Applicable education at an accredited college or university may be substituted for work experience.)
- Exceptional organization and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to administrative detail
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- 24 semester hours of undergraduate work in business related courses
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) guidelines and US Government contracting