Browse CIA Jobs
Print Production Specialist
- Full time
- Starting salary: $37,955 - $74,359
- High School diploma or GED
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Print Production Specialist, you will assist and operate all publishing equipment, including the operation of a multi-unit 40” five-color computer controlled offset press. You will work alongside Subject Matter Experts to learn basic digital binding techniques while operating several large format production plotters to create large format maps, charts, and mounted posters in support of the Agency’s mission. You will also cross-train and learn other production equipment and dissemination procedures while working in other print production areas/job disciplines such as print, bindery, and digital print operations. Specialists operate on all work shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd), with surge assignments and overtime as needed, depending on workload and project requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High School diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency, including understanding of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to learn and develop new skills across a wide variety of specialized publishing operations
- Ability to read and interpret work orders
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in accordance to established safety regulations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, recurring bending, crouching, or stretching
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Basic mechanical knowledge of hand tools and measuring equipment.
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.