About the Job
As a Protective Agent for CIA, you will support various protective operations around the world at the direction of the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. You will routinely deploy worldwide to perform sensitive operations in support of protective requirements to defend our nation from those that try to do us harm.
Protective Agents are consistently called upon to deploy and participate in training and scheduled or non-scheduled critical operational assignments. You will be expected to work long hours and deploy domestically or overseas for periods from 60 to 90 days in length. The amount of yearly travel is extensive, and you should expect to deploy as scheduled.
Protective Agents earn overtime and premium pay benefits in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act that positively impact their overall compensation.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High School diploma or GED
- Extensive military, security or law enforcement experience, preferably in a military special operations force (SEAL, SF, PJ, MARSOC, Recon, Ranger), as well as experience in protective operations or as a SWAT officer, with a minimum of six years’ combined experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of appointment
- Physically fit and in good overall mental and emotional condition
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work overtime, night shifts, holidays and weekends, and frequently travel overseas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to tactfully negotiate conflict and remain flexible
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to brief, defend, persuade, and instruct others on security requirements and policies
- Ability to interact with all levels of CIA management, Department of Defense entities, and other Federal agencies
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, and loyalty to the United States
- Successful completion of Physical Fitness Test Requirements
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- War Zone deployment experience
- Strong knowledge base in all facets of protective operations
- Leadership and management experience
- Report writing experience
- Extensive medical experience (EMT, First Responder, 18D, Paramedic, Navy Corpsman)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Copies of any professional certifications (e.g. SWAT, EMT, etc.)