Browse CIA Jobs
Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program-Customer Service
About the Job
As a Customer Service Undergraduate Intern for CIA, you will work for Imaging & Publishing Support (IPS), an Intelligence Community (IC) Publisher that provides traditional and digital printing, online publishing, multimedia support, photographic support, digital archiving, design support, and copier management services to CIA, the IC, and other federal government agencies. IPS provides a vital service to the IC and national policymakers by publishing Studies in Intelligence, CIA’s Agency Financial Report, the IC’s Congressional Budget Justification Books, and time-critical mission, relevant-finished intelligence.
IPS’s Customer Service Center (CSC) requires an energetic and self-confident officer to serve as a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to promote IPS services and to serve its ever-expanding customer base. Interns will work closely with senior CSRs to obtain an overview of CSC, including estimating and planning customer requirements for printing, innovation, digital, and graphic design services. Throughout their tenure, interns will gain insight into IPS’s variety of products and services, monitor customer inquiries and the status of customer requests, and learn skills require to estimate project schedules and cost.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Experience working with print business handling customer orders, correspondence, or working within copier supply business
- Academic studies in graphic technology
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills as the candidate must have the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Ability to assess customer needs, identifying potential opportunities to promote new services to new and current customers
- Ability to develop lasting relationships with customers to instill customer loyalty and create referrals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships within your unit and across business areas
- Ability to focus on details in a multifaceted environment with ever-changing priorities
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and apply it appropriately
- Sound judgment, independence in decision-making, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work at all IPS locations; availability to work multiple shifts, overtime when required, and be on call
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in all situations
- Demonstrated briefing skills to support IPS marketing tours as well as capabilities briefings
- Ability to work independently with effective time management and resource management skills
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Two (2) different writing samples, each five (5) pages MAXIMUM, single spaced, technical or analytic papers. You may excerpt longer papers.