Undergraduate Internship/Co-Op Program-Foreign Language Specialist
- Starting salary: $47,697-$50,422
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Foreign Language Specialist Undergraduate Intern for CIA, you will design on-line/distance learning course materials and deliver language instruction at all proficiency levels, using today’s modern technology and tools to enrich the learning experience. You will also have the opportunity to conduct language proficiency assessments in accordance with Intelligence Community standards.
Foreign Language Specialist interns have advanced proficiency in at least one of the following languages:
CIA provides first-class training for energetic, creative, and committed intelligence professionals. You will work with CIA Language Instructors to help deliver programs that provide intelligence professionals with the foreign language communications skills and cross-cultural awareness they need to live and work abroad effectively or to perform other language-related duties. You will also help apply the latest instructional methodologies to meet customized needs and conduct language proficiency testing in speaking, listening, and reading for skills evaluation.
The Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program allows you and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of undergraduate school.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Foreign Languages
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour prior to graduation
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Native-like fluency in one of the languages listed below, as well as advanced English proficiency (applicants will be required to take proficiency tests in their claimed language):
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.