Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program-Physical and Technical Security Officer
About the Job
As a Physical and Technical Security Officer Intern for CIA, you will be part of a team that secures CIA facilities in unique and exciting environments around the world. You will help protect the CIA from terrorism and hostile foreign services by analyzing risks, securely constructing facilities, renovating facilities, accrediting secure work environments, and engineering, installing, integrating, and maintaining specialized security systems. Your efforts, either as part of a team project or even completing independent research, will serve as the basis for the secure environment required at our facilities worldwide.
Regular domestic and overseas travel is required for full-time staff employees and interns may be afforded the opportunity to participate in a trip dependent on performance, aptitude, schedule, and budget restrictions.
The Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program allows you and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of undergraduate school.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree (associate or bachelor’s) in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Information Technology
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Installation, maintenance, and/or administration of IT systems
- Programming (C, C++, Internet, Windows applications development, interrupt processing/service routines, device drivers, RS-232 communication applications, Python, scripting, CISCO, Linux/Unix, Networking)
- Voice/data communications (satellite, RF, wireless and telecommunications networks)
- Anti-terrorism Force Protection
- Installing and/or integrating security equipment to include:
- Intrusion detection systems
- Access control systems
- CCTV systems
- Vehicle barriers
- High-security locking hardware
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering experience
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.