Browse CIA Jobs
Undergraduate Internship Program-Contracting Officer
- Starting salary: $46,300 - $54,558
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Contracting Officer Undergraduate Intern for CIA, you will work with an accomplished, diverse team of acquisition professionals that provide critical support to U.S. national security by providing a full range of contracting support to CIA. You will apply your business skills to diverse programs for technical collection systems, construction projects, information technology initiatives, and more.
At CIA, only the Contracting Officer is legally authorized to financially obligate the U.S. Government to acquire its products and services. Working in a team environment, you will learn and utilize innovative business practices to streamline the acquisition process and maximize resources. You will also manage a wide variety of unique and complex contract types to obtain the best value on behalf of the U.S. Government.
Interns generally are required to work at least one 90-day summer internship.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Supply Chain Management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Attention to administrative detail
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.