Undergraduate Internship Program – Enterprise Services Specialist
About the Job
As an Enterprise Services Specialist (ESS) with CIA, you will work alongside an accomplished, diverse team of ESS officers providing a full range of support throughout the Office of Enterprise Services’ (OES) business solution lines, promote OES’ services, and serve its ever-expanding customer base. Work can range from policy development, curriculum development, program management, customer service, and/or process improvement. This is a fast paced challenging environment where your organizational skills and attention to detail will support program and office workflows, directly impacting the overall mission.
Throughout your tenure, you will gain insight into OES’ variety of products and services, and participate in process reviews, staff meetings, and other activities to increase your understanding of the issues and challenges facing an Enterprise Services Specialist at the Agency.
The Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program allows you and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of undergraduate school.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement.
Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 4-year academic institution with at least one semester/quarter completed at the time of application; pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Public Administration
- Customer Service
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale at the time of application and maintained throughout the application process and internship program. Please submit transcripts that document your full-time status along with GPA.
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Strong initiative and goal oriented to meet task deadlines
- Ability to focus on details in a multifaceted environment with ever-changing priorities
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in all situations
- Ability to work independently with effective time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytic skills with the capability to research data and discuss workable solutions
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees and current degree programs
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.