Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $58,070 - $159,286
- Bachelor's Degree in Film, Television, or Videography
- Foreign language bonus eligible
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Video Specialist, you will work closely with customers to create videos used for the briefing of senior government officials. You will coordinate project elements, provide guidance to help solve technical challenges, and lend knowledge and expertise in all areas of video production. You will have a voice in the creative direction. You will also define project requirements, prepare materials for production, and produce videos and convert them to appropriate formats for distribution and archiving.
In addition, this position performs direction functions, assessing the scope and complexity of the assignment, coordinating with project team members, meeting with clients to discuss anticipated product outcomes, and ensuring all phases from initial planning to production are completed within established timelines and budgets. When producing video products, you will also perform the typical duties of the producer/director, such as video concept and storyboard, crew selection and direction, art direction, audio design, scriptwriting and video editing. Specific duties include researching, resolving, and coordinating unit-wide requirements with managers, production managers, and technical experts.
Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences, and you will be expected to develop and maintain your skills commensurate with industry-wide best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance US national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of a wide variety of other multimedia software such as, but not limited to:
- Live television production and event coverage
- Production of video presentations
- Studio and field productions
- Use of digital editing systems
- Knowledge of digital video compression algorithms
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Familiarity with interactive multimedia production
- Familiarity with web/mobile development
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Three to five (3-5) video samples (provide a url link to a non-account based or password-protected website (do not use Google Drive, Dropbox, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.