Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $54,308 - $95,139*
- *Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level
- Bachelor's Degree
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Videographer, you will be supporting a diverse range of public affairs functional areas, including internal communications, public communications, and media relations. You may also create metrics to measure the effectiveness of communications and advise senior leaders. You will be a member of a team and operate with independence and autonomy in creating and editing video content.
In the role of Videographer, you will manage production resources; prepare production material; develop story concept/treatment, storyboards, and scriptwriting; video research; set design and lighting; camera operation and sound recording direction; non-linear editing; assembling production crew; collaborate with other technical multimedia staff to ensure the creation and incorporation of complex visual elements such as animation, chroma keying, and matte effects; oversee studio and equipment. You will create videos based on CIA’ strategic objectives to communicate with internal and external audiences. Depending on the assignment, you may serve as production manager or unit manager and formally supervise and evaluate other unit personnel.
Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences, and you will be expected to develop and maintain your skills commensurate with industry-wide best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Or seven years of progressively responsible professional videography experience, three of which involve designing, developing, and producing complex, high-end interactive products.
- Expert knowledge of a wide variety of other multimedia software such as, but not limited to:
- Adobe suite of products
- AVIS editing systems
- DVD authoring and CD-ROM software
- Final Cut Pro
- Pro Tools audio editing
- Experience serving as a project manager or team lead for groups that may include video producer/directors or graphic designers
- Ability to design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages suitable for use across a range of channels
- Ability to support the design and delivery of techniques to assess the effectiveness and impact of video communication
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to research and draft original content for a variety of channels and audiences
- Have practical understanding of digital tools including Sharepoint and WordPress content management systems
- Have good understanding of accessibility and usability issues
- Ability to advise on, analyze, and support the implementation of feedback mechanisms (quantitative and qualitative) to measure effectiveness of communication
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, accurate text and to proofread and correct English usage, spelling, and punctuation
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Familiarity with interactive multimedia production
- Familiarity with web/mobile development.
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.