- Full time
- Starting salary: $30.35 -$32.93 per hour
- High School diploma or GED
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Warehouseman/Packer/Crater for CIA, you will support warehouse operations, including packing and crating, dock operations, inventory management, and property reutilization. These are entry-level positions requiring officers who have experience in warehouse work and have the capability to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment, work with packaging materials to properly pack items for shipment, and perform inventory management duties.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Performing routine packing of various items
- Preparing shipping documentation and labeling
- Working with a computer to document receipt and movement of material
- Working with customer information to accurately receive and track material
Using established processes and procedures, you will work in a temperature-controlled warehouse on concrete floors where there is exposure to moving vehicles, fumes, noise, dust, and cramped spaces. Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, bending, and lifting up to 70 lbs. Frequent use of computers is required and occasional work outdoors in all weather conditions.
These positions are entry level with limited opportunities for advancement. Occasional domestic and overseas travel opportunities are available.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High School diploma or GED
- 21 years of age or older
- Six (6) months’ work experience as a warehouseman or packer
- Experience operating a forklift
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Computer proficiency, including understanding of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to operate various types of material handling equipment
- Ability/willingness to learn to operate a variety of tools to perform the work
- Ability to work in adverse conditions such as inclement weather and an environment that has constant noise and moving machinery Understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.