|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$58,638 - $145,629*|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
*Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level
IT Engineers specialize in the engineering, development, integration, and product evaluation services for the Agency's worldwide workgroup platform. They work in a collaborative environment, provide critical support to the overall Agency mission, and are responsible for designing and deploying a secure, global communications infrastructure that allows CIA officers to communicate and collaborate with each other and with partners throughout the Intelligence Community (IC) and federal government. This includes participating in the design of enterprise desktop computing solutions, engineering collaborative solutions (e-mail, team collaboration, web and video conferencing) for the Agency and the IC, and introducing state-of-the-art technologies into the corporate baseline.
The Agency's network and application platforms leverage the best of industry and internally developed solutions to create an engineering environment that is both technically challenging and innovative. Opportunities to develop the latest network solutions from tactical platforms to high-speed optical networking are available.
A 5-year Contract Term Agreement may be required in this position. Click here to learn more about the Contract Term Agreement.
Offices of the CIA - Directorate of Digital Innovation
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA's cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We're on the forefront of world-altering events - as they happen. So working here isn't just a job, it's a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic, Electrical, or Computer Engineering; Computer Science or a closely related discipline; or equivalent relevant experience
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Systems engineering, computer engineering, or network engineering experience with an emphasis on hardware and software analysis, platform and/or network development, system integration, and/or system maintenance
- Knowledge of a range of communications technologies, network systems and certifications, such as:
- Lotus Domino or Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
- Operating Systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux)
- Collaborative tools (e-mail, instant messaging, web and video conferencing)
- Hardware and software testing and evaluation
- Automated test tools
- Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies (DWDM, SONET, ATM, MSPP, etc.)
- Local Area Network (LAN) technologies (MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCP, RHCE, RHDS, RHCA, LPIC-2, LPIC-3, VCP, VCAP, SNIA, etc.)
- Network security
- Encryption technologies
- Current possession of a range of technical certifications, such as:
- Higher level network-related certifications (e.g., CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE, etc.)
- Higher level platform-related certifications (e.g., (MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCP, RHCE, RHDS, RHCA, LPIC-2, LPIC-3, VCP, VCAP, SNIA, etc.)
- Higher level systems-related certifications (e.g., ESEP, CSEP)
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplined, diverse, and technically challenging environment
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.
c_eaa c_icm s_ce s_eee s_cs s_it s_se pro_ft pro_en
c_eaa c_icm s_ce s_eee s_cs s_it s_se pro_ft pro_ex