Computer Engineer - Developmental
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$73,920 - $88,452|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Computer Engineers at the Developmental performance level specialize in the engineering, development, integration, and product evaluation services for the Agency’s enterprise worldwide workgroup platform. This includes participating in the design of enterprise desktop computing solutions, engineering collaborative solutions (e-mail, team collaboration, web and video conferencing) for the Agency and Intelligence Community and introducing state-of-the-art technologies into the corporate baseline. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in and contribute to the development and support of Agency’s mission critical systems – common platforms, collaborative computing and service-oriented architecture.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, a closely related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience. A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is also required for coursework completed in the past three years.
- Two years of progressive experience in computer engineering and hardware and software analysis, integration, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of a range of communications technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as:
- Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.
- Operating Systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux)
- Collaborative tools (e-mail, instant messaging, web and video conferencing)
- Automated test tools
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplined, diverse, and technically challenging environment. Opportunities to travel domestically and overseas are possible.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Make a note of the position(s) that interest you, as you can apply for up to four positions in one application. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application, and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.