IT Engineer - Full Performance
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$92,145 - $113,650|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Are you interested in making a difference and working with some of the best and brightest engineers from across the Intelligence Community (IC)? Are you interested in using your technical skills to provide next generation solutions for the Agency’s corporate Information Technology (IT) infrastructure? Are you a systems thinker who is interested in helping to solve corporate business problems with today’s IT solutions?
IT Engineers at the Full Performance level specialize in the engineering, development, integration, and product evaluation services for the Agency’s enterprise worldwide workgroup platform, and the IC. Our engineers are responsible for leading engineering efforts to design and deploy a secure, global communications infrastructure that allows CIA officers to communicate and collaborate with each other and with partners throughout the IC and federal government. This includes leading the engineering design of enterprise desktop computing solutions, engineering collaborative solutions (e-mail, team collaboration, web and video conferencing) for the Agency and IC, and introducing state-of-the-art technologies into the corporate baseline. Full Performance IT Engineers coordinate user requirements with stakeholders, engineer hardware and software solutions, and interact with a variety of service providers throughout the Agency and IC. Opportunities to lead the development of the latest network solutions from tactical platforms to high-speed optical networking are available. Our network and application platforms leverage the best of industry and internally developed solutions to create an engineering environment that is both technically challenging and innovative.
This is an excellent opportunity to participate, guide and contribute to the Agency's mission critical networks, and to institute or enhance partnerships dedicated to meeting customer requirements. Opportunities to travel domestically and overseas are possible.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Five year contract term employment agreement is required. .
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, a closely related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience. A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is also required for coursework completed in the past three years
- At least five years of progressive systems engineering, computer engineering, or network engineering experience with an emphasis on hardware and software analysis, platform and/or network development, system integration, and/or system maintenance
- Knowledge of a range of communications technologies, network systems and certifications, such as:
- Lotus Domino or Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
- Operating Systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux)
- Collaborative tools (e-mail, instant messaging, web and video conferencing)
- Hardware and software testing and evaluation
- Automated test tools
- Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies (DWDM, SONET, ATM, MSPP, etc)
- Local Area Network (LAN) technologies ( MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCP, RHCE, RHDS, RHCA, LPIC-2, LPIC-3 VCP, VCAP, SNIA, etc.)
- Network Security
- Encryption technologies
- Current possession of a range of technical certifications, such as:
- Higher level network-related certifications (e.g., CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE, etc)
- Higher level platform-related certifications (e.g., MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCP, RHCE, RHDS, RHCA, LPIC-2, LPIC-3 VCP, VCAP, SNIA)
- Higher level systems-related certifications (e.g., ESEP, CSEP)
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplined, diverse, and technically challenging environment. Opportunities to travel domestically and overseas are possible.
The following items must be attached to your online application:
- Your resume.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees received in the past 5 years.
- Documented evidence of all active technical certifications.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.