Customer Service & Information Technology Officer - Developmental
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$63,199 - $67,664|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Computer, Network and IT technical professionals/graduates: If you have exceptional customer service skills, enjoy being the one that everyone comes to for computer technical help and have an interest in international travel, we are looking for you! Join the team responsible for ensuring the Agency's global IT mission partners receive timely, responsive and exceptional IT service.
As a member of our support team, you will provide one-on-one consultation and applications troubleshooting assistance; resolve access, hardware and software problems; respond to incoming calls for IT assistance and meet with customers to resolve problems; assist with integrated IT service delivery requirements; and be responsible for sensitive data access control.
You may be deployed to offices across the Agency as a vital link between the mission components and our technical offices for all information services requests, or on a team responsible for LAN and/or Lotus Notes administration, hardware and software upgrades, server operations on standalone networks or special data servers. As a member of an Agency IT support team you may provide project management and systems integration for voice and data communication systems, supervise installation of these systems, and provide maintenance and support to customers after installation. In forward deployed environments located globally you may support the operation, maintenance, installation, and management of telecommunications facilities and the associated infrastructure.
Specializations that we seek to build on at our global locations include voice transmission, data communications, TCP-IP networks, VoIP, enterprise server management, limited applications development, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), COMSEC/TEMPEST, facsimile, cable-to-modem communication, RF (including satellite) communication capabilities digital/analog fault isolation and repair to least replaceable unit. Experience in power distribution systems, emergency power generators and HVAC systems is also highly desirable.
Managing this diverse array of responsibilities requires excellent communication skills, a firm understanding of technical requirements and a dedicated, accountable and dynamic work ethic focused on delivering results in demanding/discerning environments. You must also have strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
Work may be performed domestically or abroad; however, the ability and willingness to travel worldwide is a requirement for this position. Travel may be in temporary or longer term capacity (generally 2-3 years). There are overseas benefits, incentives and allowances that positively impact overall compensation.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science & Technology, Management Information Systems, or a similar degree from a technical trade school and a minimum of two (2) years of IT customer service work experience with excellent performance and completion of recent formal training in the field.
- Candidates with BA or BS degrees in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science & Technology, Management Information Systems are encouraged to apply, and may qualify for a higher entry level salary.
- A final GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills, the ability to work well in a team environment, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), solid troubleshooting skills, demonstrated communications skills, and the ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced and diverse environment Knowledge of Internet operations, various transmission technologies and search tools; technical knowledge of network infrastructures; expertise in troubleshooting hardware and software; demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills; and LAN and Lotus Notes administration and server operations experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong commitment to continuous learning; the ability to work in a team environment and the ability to listen well and work with others to provide exceptional customer service.
- Candidates are encouraged and expected to explore and gain experience in multiple business areas across information technology customer services to build a broad skill set. Industry or government experience in providing IT customer services is a plus.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.