Engineering Specialist - Entry and Developmental
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$57,000 – $68,000|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Telecommunications Information Systems Officers (TISOs) Engineering Specialists (ES) deploy world-wide in support of the installation, operation, maintenance, and decommissioning of specialized industrial utility systems and components. ES also upgrade, modify, configure and document industrial utility systems and associated infrastructure as well as serve as the project manager on projects of various sizes and durations. The specialized systems include, but are not limited to diesel generators and related electrical support equipment; heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment (HVAC); plumbing systems; power distribution equipment and grids; and uninterruptible power systems. Given the variety of responsibilities, good communication skills, a firm understanding of technical requirements and an ability to work closely with other professionals is imperative.
- ES are required to serve in difficult or harsh environments, and are often called upon to work in locations where weapons certifications are required
- ES are required to broaden their skills across several Utility fields (Power, HVAC, Generators, Controls, UPS, Regulators, etc.) and are expected to remain proficient in many areas over their career
- ES are required to travel up to 50% per year to foreign and domestic field locations over their career regardless of their location of assignment
- ES are required to lift and maneuver equipment weighing up to 70 pounds on a regular basis
- ES will be assigned to the Washington DC Metro Area for approximately 50% of their career, and will be relocated to the foreign and/or domestic field up to 50% of their career.
- Associate's degree in Applied Science for Electrical Technology, Electrical systems, HVAC, or Diesel technology
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required
- Equivalent military technical background (minimum of three years documented experience) in related fields will be considered as an alternative to an Associate's degree on a case by case basis.
- Building Office Management Institute (BOMI) - Certificate in Building Systems Maintenance
- Associate's degree in computer engineering technology, computer systems network technology, electronics engineering technology or related fields are required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (BSEET) will generally qualify for a higher entry-level salary.
Certifications/Work Experience Required:
- Five years of documented experience in a specific trade (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, or diesel generator)
- Or, a minimum of three years of concentrated (single) trade experience combined with an additional two years of experience in the electrical, HVAC, plumbing, or diesel generator trades (any combination).
- O&M customer service engineer (CSE) certifications (any leading manufacture)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Installer Level 1 and 2 or other similar certifications based on EIA/TIA standards
- Advanced certifications and licenses such as Cisco Systems as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft as a Microsoft Systems Engineer, Master Electrician, HVAC, or Plumbing license and other advanced level experiences will generally qualify for a higher entry-level salary
- Journeyman License or equivalent certification in at least one trade (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, or Diesel Generator)
- OSHA certification
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.