Human Resources Officer
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$58,064 – $123,234|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Human Resources (HR) Officers at the CIA work at the corporate level supporting worldwide operations or in units charged with conducting and supporting worldwide intelligence activities. Human Resources professionals are trusted, strategic partners and are a vital part of the CIA.
The HR Officer provides substantive advice across a full range of HR functional areas to include workforce planning, talent acquisition, staffing and selection, employee development, compensation, benefits, policy, performance management, rewards and recognition, and retention. They partner with senior managers to develop, implement, and influence HR policies, plans, and strategies that align with CIA and Intelligence Community talent initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree related to HR (Business Administration or Business Management; Human Resources or Human Capital Management; Organizational Development; Public Administration; Psychology; Sociology)
- Experience in building interpersonal relationships; effective oral, and written communication
- Experience in problem solving, prioritization, time management, and workflow management
- Experience in working with limited guidance and close interaction with colleagues
- Experience in using information technology tools, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Knowledge of basic project management
- Ability to interpret and apply HR business rules to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data
- Ability to evaluate, and recommend appropriate HR interventions
- Ability to learn HR Information Systems and other related HR databases or software
During the application/interview process, applicants will take an aptitude and personality assessment test.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.
c_bfa c_lps s_hr s_mar s_psy pt pro_ft pro_en pro_ex d_bus d_soc m_bc m_hr m_man m_psy m_soc