Information Management Officer - Development and Full Performance
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$51,630 – $97,936|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
The CIA's Office of Information Management Services seeks highly motivated individuals to be a part of its Information Review and Release and Records Management Programs. Positions available include Information Review and Release Analysts (IRRA) and Information Management Technical Officers (IMTO).
IRRAs are responsible for implementing the Agency's legal information disclosure obligations under the Freedom of Information Act and related laws and Executive Orders while simultaneously protecting national security. These officers will:
- Review documents to protect CIA equities while releasing information no longer requiring protection
- Document review and release decisions to build a corporate body of declassification knowledge
- Facilitate the sharing of information with the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of the U.S. Government, Intelligence partners, the media, and the public
- Provide classification guidance
- Develop and implement National Security Classification policy at the national, Intelligence Community and CIA levels
IMTOs are responsible for implementing federal guidelines in the maintenance of records from the time the records are created until their disposal or transfer. These officers will:
- Conduct records analysis
- Develop archival requirements
- Assist with management of electronic records
- Develop methods for automated categorization
- Implement record systems into business processes
- Participate in search and discovery/retrieval of all data formats
Information Management Officers from either IRRA or IMTO disciplines are also involved in the development and implementation of CIA, Intelligence Community, and national policies related to National Security Classification.
Minimum requirements: Some positions will require a five year contract term employment agreement. Contract Term Agreement. Candidates with a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited institution in Library and Information Science, Data Science, or master's degree in information Technology (MIT), Business, International Relations, Political Science, History, Philosophy or other related studies are encouraged to apply. Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4 point scale is required.
Candidates should also possess:
- Demonstrable interpersonal, customer service, and oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking ability
A good understanding of Federal Records Management or Information Review and Release and Public Disclosure (laws, regulations, practices, etc.) and Information Systems is highly desired.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.