IT Project Manager - Full Performance to Senior
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$89,033 – $140,259
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
CIA offers a wide variety of challenging and exciting opportunities for project management positions from the full performance to the senior level, to manage the delivery of innovative technology solutions to customers across the Agency and the Intelligence Community (IC). CIA's project management specialty provides Project Managers at various experience levels an opportunity to serve on and/or lead teams that adapt and integrate new technologies and enhance existing systems to meet mission objectives. Our Project Managers are the key to ensuring that the Agency's business customers receive timely and innovative technology solutions that meet their mission needs.
CIA is looking for Project Managers who are customer focused, energetic, driven, and have good organization and decision making skills, with a high degree of integrity and trust.
Full Performance: Independently initiate, lead, plan, implement, and coordinate activities of simple, low-risk projects, dealing with moderately complex considerations of risk and impact on systems and multiple interfaces and dependencies to other Agency systems; ability to clearly present information and interpret complex information as well as supervising, coaching, developing and mentoring staff.
Senior: Leading, managing and overseeing moderate to high-risk project(s) which may involve significant acquisitions; initiate, plan, implement, and coordinate activities throughout the full project life cycle; manage resource implications such as human resources, funding, facilities, and equipment; manage risk tolerance throughout the life of a project and the impact to parallel tasks, multiple dependencies, and interfaces to existing Agency and IC systems.
There may be contract management and acquisition responsibilities at all levels. Project Managers participate in and contribute to the development and support of Agency mission critical systems, both applications and infrastructure.
Depending on level, minimum qualifications include the following:
- Five year contract term employment agreement is required. Contract Term Agreement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a closely related discipline, and equivalent relevant experience. A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is also preferred.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and/or certifications such as Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Desire to work in multi-disciplined, diverse, and technically challenging environments in support of the U.S. Government's national security mission.
- A range of experience from full performance (3-6 years related work experience) advancing to 10+ years of progressive experience in Project Management life cycle activities with emphasis in project planning, risk assessment, resource management estimating and monitoring costs, quality management and project contract management.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Make a note of the position(s) that interest you, as you can apply for up to four positions in one application. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application, and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.