IT Project Manager - Full Performance
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$89,924 – $120,429
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
CIA offers a wide variety of challenging and exciting opportunities for project management positions at the full performance level, to manage the delivery of innovative technology solutions to customers across the Agency and the Intelligence Community (IC). CIA's project management specialty provides Project Managers an opportunity to serve on and/or lead teams that adapt and integrate new technologies and enhance existing systems to meet mission objectives. Our Project Managers are the key to ensuring that the Agency's business customers receive timely and innovative technology solutions that meet their mission needs.
CIA is looking for Project Managers who are customer focused, energetic, driven, and have good organization and decision making skills, with a high degree of integrity and trust.
Full Performance: Independently initiate, lead, plan, implement, and coordinate activities of simple, low-risk projects, dealing with moderately complex considerations of risk and impact on systems and multiple interfaces and dependencies to other Agency systems; ability to clearly present information and interpret complex information as well as supervising, coaching, developing and mentoring staff.
There may be contract management and acquisition responsibilities associated with this position. Project Managers participate in and contribute to the development and support of Agency mission critical systems, both applications and infrastructure.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Five year contract term employment agreement is required. Contract Term Agreement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Management of Information Systems with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is also preferred.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in project management methodologies and/or certifications such as Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Desire to work in multi-disciplined, diverse and technically challenging environments in support of the U.S. Government's national security mission.
- Three to six years of relevant work experience in progressive Project Management life cycle activities with emphasis in project planning, requirements gathering, setting stakeholder expectations, risk assessment, resource management estimating and monitoring costs, quality management and project contract management.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Make a note of the position(s) that interest you, as you can apply for up to four positions in one application. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application, and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.