|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$53,088 – $71,467*|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
*Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level.
CIA multimedia production units are seeking creative user interface and user experience designers who can convey an analytic story visually through multimedia for the President of the United States, US policymakers, and other officials.
As part of a team you will partner with peers to produce of a wide variety of products, including complex intelligence analysis, training material, and other important pieces. Products are designed for conveyance via mobile devices, web, and print. All work is conducted in a team environment, with members focusing on one or more specialty, such as scripting, graphic design, cartography, 3D animation, motion graphics, illustration, and imagery. Applicants must work well in a team environment and be passionate about information design and technology (mobile and web). We are seeking junior and experienced designers and offer competitive pay.* Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences.
Our overarching unit, the Multimedia Production Group, has won awards externally and within the Intelligence Community for creating visually-engaging intelligence products. We have a very talented team of individuals who believe in collaboration and innovation and have a passion for design and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Cartography, GIS, Computer Science or related discipline with a strong emphasis on graphic, information, or user experience design.
- Ability to shape and lead solutions to data visualization in an increasingly complex and changing technological environment.
- Applicants with a background in design must provide a strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of typography, grid-based design, white space, and color theory.
- Applicants with a background in cartography/GIS should have experience with the ESRI GIS suite and familiarity with cartoCSS and Map tile presentation libraries such as Leaflet, OpenLayers, and/or Cesium.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, management, and contractors.
- Knowledge of multimedia production tools and methodology and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware.
- Experience with user experience concepts and an ethos based on user testing.
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes for use in design review and user testing.
- Strong focus on continuous learning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desired.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA out of a 4.0 scale.
The following items must be included/attached to your online application (PDF preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
- Portfolio: In the Preferences section under job objectives please include a link to your online portfolio (please note that we are unable to access Google Docs or Google Drive). Attach a PDF portfolio if you do not have an online portfolio.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.
c_icm c_adp s_cs s_des pro_ft pro_en pro_ex d_sci m_cs m_des m_mm