Interactive Multimedia Designer
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$49,861 – $97,333*|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
CIA's Interactive and Web Multimedia Center in the Directorate of Intelligence is seeking creative user interface and user experience designers who can convey an analytic story visually through multimedia for the President of the United States and US policymakers.
As a designer you will be a member of a team responsible for the production of interactive multimedia products that will be used to present complex intelligence analysis for publication on our internal websites and tablet devices. These products visually tell a story using a variety of formats including images, illustration, video, and 3D animation. This person should work well in a team environment and be passionate about information design and technology (web and mobile). We are seeking junior and experienced designers and offer competitive pay*. Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences.
Our overarching unit, the Multimedia Production Group, has won awards externally and within the Intelligence Community for creating visually engaging intelligence products. We have a very talented team of individuals who believe in collaboration and have a passion for design and technology.
*Starting salaries will be determined by a combination of skill-set and years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Computer Science or related discipline with a strong emphasis on graphic design.
- Applicant should have some experience in Adobe Flash and must be familiar with, and have an interest in, authoring/programming with ActionScript 3.
- A strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of typography, grid-based design, white space, and color theory.
- Ability to shape and lead solutions to data visualization in an increasingly complex and changing technological environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, management, and contractors.
- Candidates should have knowledge of multimedia production tools and methodology, and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desired.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA out of a 4.0 scale is required.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.