|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$49,861 – $97,333
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
The Central Intelligence Agency seeks a highly motivated employee for the position of Producer/Director. If selected, you will be responsible for helping chart the creative direction to meet the needs of continuously evolving business areas. You will work closely with customers to create finished intelligence videos used for the briefing of senior government officials and for dissemination. You will become part of a team of dedicated officers who produce high quality video products for a wide range of Agency customers. You will help us maintain an interdisciplinary technical environment that fosters the integration of many established and emerging technologies.
In the role of Producer/Director you will help team members coordinate project elements, provide guidance to help solve technical challenges, lend knowledge and expertise in all video production areas, and help managers with assignments and assessments. You will have a voice in the creative direction. You will help reach customers in our existing business areas and you will help us discover new areas where video can add value. You will also be expected to serve as a cross-community resource on video production issues. You will define project requirements, prepare materials for production, produce video projects, convert them to appropriate format for distribution and archiving, and help manage resources.
In addition, this position performs project direction functions, assessing the scope and complexity of the assignment, coordinating with project team members, meeting with clients to discuss anticipated product outcomes, and ensuring all phases from initial planning to production are completed within established timelines and budgets. When producing video products, this position also performs the typical duties of the producer/director, such as video concept and storyboard, crew selection and direction, art direction, audio design, scriptwriting and video editing. Specific duties include researching, resolving, and coordinating unit-wide requirements with managers, production managers and technical experts. This position is expected to perform private industry outreach and maintain close ties with Agency and Intelligence Community colleagues.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience in Studio and Field productions
- Experience in the production of video presentations
- Experience in live television production and event coverage
- Experience in the use of digital editing systems - AVID/Final Cut preferred
- Knowledge of digital video compression algorithms
- Strong writing skills
- Four-year degree in video production, journalism, or related field
- The ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Experience in the use of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Familiarity with interactive multimedia production
- Familiarity with web development.
Make a note of the position(s) that interest you, as you can apply for up to four positions in one application. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application, and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.