|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$53,088 – $71,467*|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
*Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level.
The Central Intelligence Agency seeks a highly motivated employee for the position of Video Specialist. If selected, you will be responsible for helping chart the creative direction to meet the needs of continuously evolving business areas. You will work closely with customers to create videos used for the briefing of senior government officials. In the role of Video Specialist you will coordinate project elements, provide guidance to help solve technical challenges, lend knowledge and expertise in all areas of video production. You will have a voice in the creative direction. You will define project requirements, prepare materials for production, produce videos and convert them to appropriate formats for distribution and archiving.
In addition, this position performs project direction functions, assessing the scope and complexity of the assignment, coordinating with project team members, meeting with clients to discuss anticipated product outcomes, and ensuring all phases from initial planning to production are completed within established timelines and budgets. When producing video products, this position also performs the typical duties of the producer/director, such as video concept and storyboard, crew selection and direction, art direction, audio design, scriptwriting and video editing. Specific duties include researching, resolving, and coordinating unit-wide requirements with managers, production managers and technical experts. This position is expected to perform private industry outreach and maintain close ties with Agency and Intelligence Community colleagues.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience in Studio and Field productions
- Experience in the production of video presentations
- Experience in live television production and event coverage
- Experience in the use of digital editing systems
- Knowledge of digital video compression algorithms
- Strong writing skills
- Four-year degree in video production, journalism, or related field
- The ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Experience in the use of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Familiarity with interactive multimedia production
- Familiarity with web/mobile development.
The following items must be included/attached to your online application (PDF preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
- Portfolio: In the Preferences section under job objectives please include a link to your online portfolio (please note that we are unable to access Google Docs or Google Drive). Attach a PDF portfolio if you do not have an online portfolio.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.
c_adp s_vid pro_ft pro_ex d_art m_mm m_vid