Undergraduate Internship Program - National Clandestine Service
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Students may apply for Summers 2016/2017 internships between 1 January to 30 April 2015.
Applicants should attach a two-page cover letter, essay and college transcripts to the online application (please see Minimum Requirements for details).
The National Clandestine Service (NCS) is the covert arm of the CIA.
NCS interns support the NCS mission of collecting human intelligence on critical international developments. Interns will work in the Washington, D.C. area with teams of knowledgeable professionals.
Student internship positions offer salaries competitive with the private sector and the same benefits as permanent employees.
This program is designed for undergraduate students interested in a NCS career via the NCS Professional Trainee Program. Interns are generally Freshmen at the time of application.
- U.S. citizenship
- 3.0 GPA or better at the time of application and maintained throughout the program
- Anticipated graduation date of May/June 2018.
- Full-time undergraduate student
- Enrollment in a 4-year academic institution with at least one semester completed by the time of application. Please include your college/university information under the Education Section of the on-line application with your anticipated graduation date
- Availability to complete two 90-day NCS summer internships in the Washington D.C. area; the first will start May or June 2016 and the second will start May or June 2017
- Apply between 01 January and 30 April 2015
- Impeccable integrity, outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and commitment to serving the interests of our country
- Interest in foreign affairs and national security issues
- Interest in and ability to meet requirements for the Professional Trainee Program following graduation
- Due to processing requirements, the NCS will not consider applicants who plan to travel out of country for more than 90 consecutive days between January 2015 and May 2016. Extended foreign travel is discouraged between January 2017 and May 2017 as well
- Successful completion of medical and polygraph examinations as well as a background investigation by May 2016
- Foreign language skills, overseas experience are desirable but not required
We encourage all applicants to read about the Agency from the Suggested Reading List.
Please list in the Education Section of the online application your college/university information with your GPA and anticipated graduation date. Under preferences and Job Objective, please explain why you would like an internship with the NCS and what makes you a good candidate.
Applicants should attach to the online application the following:
- A two-page cover letter describing yourself, why you are interested in a NCS career and what characteristics and experiences distinguish you from other applicants
- An essay (not to exceed 500 words) on a subject of US national security interest
- College transcripts
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Applicants for the NCS student internship are permitted to tell only their parents about their application and these discussions should be done in-person. Your discretion throughout the entire hiring process is necessary to ensure maximum flexibility for your potential NCS career. Further guidance will be provided as competitive applicants move through the hiring steps.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.