Undergraduate Internship Program - Engineering
|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
Our internship program seeks highly motivated, creative, and innovative students who have outstanding interpersonal and team knowledge to help solve intelligence problems to work in the CIA's Directorate of Science and Technology.
- Developing quick turn-around technical solutions, which require the application and/or modification of hardware and software.
- Working in an R&D environment focusing on identifying new materials, technologies and techniques that can be integrated into existing business areas.
- Designing, fabricating and assembling all forms of mechanical devices from initial concept to completion or modification and customization of commercial products as well as providing after market services.
For engineering students interested in analytic work, view and apply for analytic undergraduate internship opportunities.
Minimum requirements: Students should be enrolled in Biometrics, Information Networking, Mathematics, Computer Science, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Program Management, and Systems Engineering programs with a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
Interns generally are required to work either a combination of one semester and one summer internship or two 90-day summer internships.
When applying to a Directorate of Science and Technology position, attach to the online application the following:
- A one page cover letter describing why you are interested in a DS&T career and what characteristics and experiences distinguish you from other applicants
- Academic transcripts for any school attended in the past 3 years
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.