Africa :: Egypt
Caption
Pylons of the Temple of Isis and the Nubian solar and fertility deity, Madulis, at Kalabshah. It is the largest free-standing Nubian temple. Construction began in A.D. 23 during the reign of the Roman Emperor Octavius Augustus. The temple was moved 48 km (30 mi) north when the High Dam was built.
Usage
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.
Agency Copyright Notice
Dimension | File Size
768 X 1024 pixels 102.13 KB
Download - only file size available