Africa :: Egypt
Caption
One of a pair of 30-meter (50-ft) statues of Amenhotep III that once stood before the pharaoh's mortuary temple in the Theban Necropolis on the west bank of the Nile opposite Luxor. The rest of the temple was dismantled, and the materials used for other construction projects. The statues were called the "Colossi of Memnom" by Egypt's late Ptolemaic (Greek) rulers who associated them with the myth of Memnon.
Usage
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.
Agency Copyright Notice
Dimension | File Size
768 X 1024 pixels 83.55 KB
Download - only file size available