Europe :: France
Caption
Place Stanislas (Stanislas Square) in the center of Nancy, formerly the capital of the Duchy of Lorraine, now the capital of Meurthe-et-Moselle. The square, constructed between 1751 and 1755, was the brainchild of Stanislas Leszczynski, Duke of Lorraine and former King of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Nancy became a French province on the death of Stanislas in 1766. In 2005, the heads of three countries - Germany, Poland, and France - met here to inaugurate the renovated Place Stanislas. A statue of Stanislas Leszczynski stands in front of the Town Hall.
Usage
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.
Agency Copyright Notice
Dimension | File Size
1125 X 1500 pixels 202.16 KB
Download - only file size available