Europe :: Germany
Caption
The Heilliggeistkirche (Church of the Holy Spirit) in Heidelberg is first mentioned in 1239. It was the third church to be built on the market place site and it took some 150 years to construct. From about 1706 to 1936 the church was divided by an internal wall that allowed both Catholic and Protestant services to be held within at the same time. In 1936 the wall was removed and the church became exclusively Protestant.
Usage
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.
Agency Copyright Notice
Dimension | File Size
1125 X 1500 pixels 206.89 KB
Download - only file size available