Europe :: Germany
Caption
The original Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady), a Baroque Lutheran church, was built in the 18th century. The distinctive structure was completely destroyed by the bombing of 1945. Reconstruction was begun in 1993, after German reunification, and completed in 2005. Today the church serves as a symbol of reconciliation between former warring enemies and is a hugely popular tourist destination.
Usage
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.
Agency Copyright Notice
Dimension | File Size
1353 X 1002 pixels 172.25 KB
Download - only file size available