Obelisk in Piazza San Pietro (Saint Peter's Square) in Rome. It is 25.3 m high and dates from 1835 BC. It was brought from Egypt by the Emperor Caligula for his circus. It was moved to Saint Peter's Square by Pope Sixtus V in 1586.
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.