Europe :: Ukraine
Caption
The Church of the Nativity was one of three Neoclassical churches in the Podil area of Kyiv that was destroyed by the Soviet Government in the 1930s. Originally constructed between 1809 and 1814, it was chiefly remembered as the church where the body of Taras Shevchenko, Ukraine's national bard, lay in state in 1861 while on its way to its final resting place in Kaniv. Torn down in 1935, the church was rebuilt in 2005.
Usage
Factbook photos - obtained from a wide variety of sources - are in the public domain and are copyright free.
Agency Copyright Notice
Dimension | File Size
1125 X 1500 pixels 164.97 KB
Download - only file size available