From Your Couch to a New Career: CIA Recruitment Fair is February 26
Does finding a job or a new career from the comfort of your couch sound like a dream? For some people attending past Intelligence Community (IC) Virtual Career Fairs, it has become a reality. In fact, the CIA has been hiring people from IC Virtual Career Fairs since 2010, and 2013 could be just as promising for you.
If you’re interested in a job in intelligence, check out the fourth annual Intelligence Community (IC) Virtual Fair [external link disclaimer] on Feb. 26, from 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. ET. You’ll meet recruiters from the CIA and other IC agencies. In this free online event, participants will hold live chats with recruiters and hiring advisors.
Space is limited, so interested attendees should [external link disclaimer]. U.S. citizenship is required. During the registration process, you’ll create virtual persona to interact with recruiters and other applicants.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll get a sneak preview of the fair on Feb. 25 where you can familiarize yourself with the show environment and download informational materials ahead of time.
On the event date, you can visit virtual booths, chat with recruiters and subject matter experts in real-time. You can also attend live presentations, explore available jobs, link to IC agency websites to apply online, network with other job seekers, and learn about internships and other student opportunities.
Most of the jobs are in the Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD metropolitan area. The positions available are from a variety of disciplines including:
- Accounting, Budgeting, Auditing, Contracting, Financial Management
- Administration — Human Resources, Logistics, Public Affairs, Clinical Psychology, etc.
- Clandestine Services
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Cybersecurity, Information Assurance
- Data Scientists
- Engineering — Electrical and Electronics
- Foreign Languages – Language Analysts and Officers, Instructors, Contract Linguists
- Information Technology
- Intelligence Analysis — Economic, Cultural, Imagery, Military, Open Source, Regional and Technical
- Mathematics and Physical Science
- Program/Project Management
- Security, Police
- Special Agents
- Student Internships, Co-op Positions
You can return to the show during the special on-demand period from Feb. 27 through March 13 to collect materials or review presentations and other information. You can use the on-demand period if you’re not available to participate in the event on Feb. 26.
To learn more about opportunities at the CIA, visit our Careers page.