- What are some of the benefits the CIA offers its employees?
The CIA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to reflect the dedication and contributions of our employees. The benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Federal Health and Life Insurance
- Education and Training
- Health Services
- Child Care Centers
- Credit Union
Read about Benefits in detail on the Careers page.
- Does Human Resources offer competitive salaries?
In addition to basic pay, in certain circumstances, employees can receive overtime compensation, holiday pay, night differential, Sunday premium pay, bonuses, and allowances. The CIA offers competitive salaries on the General Schedule. [external link disclaimer]
- What types of paid time off does the CIA offer?
The Agency offers a variety of paid time off benefits including:
- Annual Leave - for rest and recreation as well as personal and emergency purposes
- Sick Leave - for doctor visits, medical treatment, illness, injuries, pregnancy and childbirth, as wel as adoption. Like the rest of the Federal government, the CIA offers Family Friendly Leave for general care of a family member. We also have optional enrollment in a Medical Leave Bank, which may assist employees for personal or family medical emergencies beyond their leave benefits
- Home Leave - to assist with "re-Americanizing" employees and their families who have served qualifying creditable federal service outside the United States
Alternative Work Schedule
- Does the CIA allow for alternative work schedules and hours?
Yes, the CIA allows for flexibility in scheduling working hours for its employees including, but not limited to, compressed week, flextime, part-time, and job sharing as office needs permit.
Student Loan Repayment
- Does the CIA offer repayment of student loans?
The CIA supports a student loan repayment assistance program that is designed to help eligible employees repay student loan(s). Monetary amounts are determined on an annual basis based on the amount of the employee's monthly student loan payment.
- What is the performance evaluation process for CIA employees?
All CIA employees participate in a robust performance management program. The program empowers employees to be actively involved in the development of performance objectives, to discuss progress throughout the evaluation period with their managers, and concludes with written performance narratives. Employees are required to be evaluated annually and are consideration for promotion as competencies are demonstrated.