The Office of Collection Strategies and Analysis
The Office of Collection Strategies and Analysis (CSAA) provides comprehensive intelligence collection expertise to the DI, a wide range of senior Agency and Intelligence Community officials, and key national policymakers. CSAA analysts work with colleagues in CIA’s National Clandestine Service and Directorate of Science and Technology, the Department of Defense, the National Security Agency, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, the National Reconnaissance Office, and other Intelligence Community agencies to craft new approaches to solving complex collection issues. CSAA analysts:
- Warn and inform the President and other senior policymakers on US collection capabilities and critical intelligence-gathering issues.
- Develop all-source collection expertise on human intelligence, open-source intelligence, imagery intelligence, signals intelligence, and measurement and signature intelligence.
- Run special collection efforts, oversee information security programs, and develop policies on foreign intelligence-sharing activities.
- Evaluate the use and value of current collection capabilities and guide the development of future collection programs and integrated collection management systems
- Provide 24-hour collection support to CIA’s Operations Center.
- Facilitate training to strengthen collection-related expertise throughout CIA and the broader Intelligence Community.
- Travel to domestic and foreign collection facilities to enhance expertise.