The Office of Terrorism Analysis
The Office of Terrorism Analysis (OTA) is the analytic component of the CIA Counterterrorism Center. OTA analysts concentrate on informing policymakers and supporting the intelligence, law enforcement, homeland security, and military communities by:
- Tracking terrorist and nonstate actors.
- Assessing terrorist vulnerabilities by analyzing their ideology and goals, capabilities, associates, and locations.
- Analyzing worldwide terrorist threat information and patterns to provide warnings aimed at preventing terrorist attacks.
- Monitoring worldwide terrorism trends and patterns, including emerging and nontraditional terrorist groups, evolving terrorist threats or operational methods, and possible collusion between terrorist groups.
- Identifying, disrupting, and preventing international financial transactions that support terrorist networks and operations.