What We Do
First and foremost, the Directorate of Support (DS) is about enabling the intelligence mission. Our "mission first" approach ensures that all the directorates in the CIA, our partners across the Intelligence Community, and various other government agencies always have the support they need to meet whatever challenge they face.
Every day, we work side-by-side with analysts, scientists and operations officers around the globe. Bringing agility and innovation, DS officers provide the full range of both technical and non-technical support services, to include security, finance, logistics, business systems and much more. Our officers apply their unique expertise within local support teams, or on their own as a single point of coordination on all DS matters. Our officers' collective expertise and creativity enable the CIA's collection, analysis and technology missions to advance with precision, focus and efficiency.
Our work is both interesting and challenging:
- we build and operate facilities, often in very challenging areas;
- we acquire and ship critical equipment;
- we secure buildings, people, data and networks;
- we help hire, train and assign CIA officers for every directorate;
- we manage the "businesses" within CIA — financial services, and administrative support.
From the frontlines to the back office, the support we provide touches all facets of intelligence operations. These services, along with the passion and commitment of DS officers, make the intelligence mission possible, anytime, anywhere.