Document Type: 
Document Number (FOIA) /ESDN (CREST): 
Release Decision: 
Original Classification: 
Document Page Count: 
Document Creation Date: 
December 9, 2016
Document Release Date: 
December 4, 1998
Sequence Number: 
Case Number: 
Publication Date: 
July 8, 1952
Content Type: 
PDF icon CIA-RDP79-01041A000100020182-2.pdf128.64 KB
Approved For Re lose 2000/09/12 : CIA-RDP79-0141A000100020182-2 ;E* 3pms6 Security inkormation Official Diary Tuesday, 8 July 1952 1. Byroads accepted for luncheon on Monday, the 14th. 2. At the Deputies' meeting mentioned to the Director that 25X1X7 I plan to send Amory spare him for that time. broad r s o sibilit and he indicated approval if we could I felt that this was justified in view of the d i t th 25X1 X7 p e n y , n any even an , e meeting will not last more than ten days to two weeks. 25X1 A9a 3. Cleared with the Director the proposed letter and cable respecting intelligence support for The Director 25X1 A9a approved passing any items which we thought - should have to for WNPW 25X1A9a 25X1A9a 25X1A9a 4. At the Deputies' meeting there was a discussion of a monthly letter to Senior Representatives. I explained the discussions which I had had with each of the Representatives who had been in Washington. After further discussion, it was determined that such a letter would be prepared by direction, the 25X1 A9a respective Deputies to forward any contributions to him. " 61 . Discussed with the DCI the proposed order respecting i A8a After some discussion, the Director reversed the position he had previously extended and redictated the order to apply Agency-wide. 6. Gave Mr. Dulles my comments on the pending draft of NSC ll4 and expressed my disagreement with the rather arbitrary estimate contained therein respecting the capability of the Satellites to defeat Yugoslavia. 7. Gen. Partridge phoned and stated that he had been unable to secure a withdrawal of the R&DB request for an over-all scientific and technical estimate, a subject which had been raised at the IAC meeting on dune S. I indicated to Gen. Partridge that we would not require aay additional notice and thereafter called Acting AD/IC, 25X1 A9a and reminded him of the DCI's statement that R&DB should be advised to have this request transmitted through the Defense member on the NBC Senior Staff. In this connection I mentioned to that I had 25X1 A9a talked with various members of the R&DB and suggested to them that their requested estimate could be made a by-product of the over-all (CONTINUED) Approved For Relea @'IOMVIO '1'2 : CIA-RDP79- "9 F r t d1 9t 7till .0, r,.*, sd, he subjected to individual systematic review. Approved For Re,se 200 ?~dfy RDP79-OIQ#IA000100020182-2 Security Information Official Diary 8 July 1952 Soviet estimate which would be late for their schedule this year, but would be in time next year and thereafter. This should be considered in making the request. 25X1A9a .8. phoned respecting the inquiry he was conduct- ing into whether or not State had leaked certain classified information 25X1 Aga 25X1A6a relating to indicated that pursuance of this inquiry would cause the matter to be referred in State to Humelsine and I did not feel that it was worth while to pursue it in view of these circumstances and so informed 25X1 A9a 9. Completed arrangements for the Byroade luncheon which will 25X1A9a be attended by AWD, FW, Byroade, 25X1A9a someone nominated by Mr. Wisner, and my 25X1A9a 25X1A9a 25X1A9a 13. Attended dinner for i4 ' SECRET 10. Chatted with respecting the SCAG report and later transmitted said report to the Director with the recommendation of and myself that nothing further be done at this time, in the light of the Brownell Committee's recommendations. The subject of the SCAG report would be an urgent priority on any new USCIB schedule. 25X1A9a 25X1A2g 11. Also discussed with the status of our program and we agreed that further action on this should be deferred pending USCIB consideration of the down-grading - 25X1 A2g 12. Had a further discussion with the DCI respecting the directive on sources, etc. The FBI representative had asked that information be passed laterally in the field in case of real emergency and we agreed to do this. Security Iniormation Approved For Release 2000/09/12 : CIA-RDP79-01041A000100020182-2