Document Type: 
Document Number (FOIA) /ESDN (CREST): 
Release Decision: 
Original Classification: 
Document Page Count: 
Document Creation Date: 
December 14, 2016
Document Release Date: 
November 2, 2001
Sequence Number: 
Case Number: 
Publication Date: 
August 14, 1953
Content Type: 
PDF icon CIA-RDP80-00810A000700240007-1.pdf751.23 KB
Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY INFORMATION REPORT CONFIDENTIAL SECURITY INFORMATION This Document contain Information effecting the Na- tional Defense of the United' States. within the men- Ing of Title 18, Sections 703 and 794, of the U.B. Code, as amended. Its transmission or revelation of Its contents to or receipt by an unauthorized person is prohibited by law. The reproduction of this form to prohibited. COUNTRY USSR (Kiev MD) REPORT NO. SUBJECT Soviet Troops and Supply Installations DATE DISTR. 11+ August 1953 in the Kiev Military District NO. OF PAGES 19 DATE OF INFO. REQUIREMENT NO. RD 25X1 C PLACE ACQUIRED REFERENCES THE SOURCE EVALUATIONS IN THIS REPORT ARE DEFINITIVE. THE APPRAISAL OF CONTENT IS TENTATIVE. (FOR KEY SEE REVERSE) 25X1A This report contains information of Soviet troops and supply installations in the Kiev Military District. 25X1X Town Kiev March and (N50-28, April 1951. E30-20). Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL -2- Soviet Troops in the Kiev MD ^ Installation Location Occupation Remarks Tank activities. Between the Dar- Prior to 22 April The PWs believed that nitsa railroad 1951, single trucks, billets of a tank unit station and the truck columns, and were in the woods north Kiev-Gomel high- tanks were observed of Darnitsa. way, on an east- on this road north bound road lead- of Darnitsa almost ing into a woods. daily. For instance, four tanks left the woods at short in- tervals daily and proceeded in a northern direction. In the course of the afternoon, they re- turned'in the direc- tion of the woods. The tanks were about seven meters long and were equipped with tracks 3 to 3.5 meters wide. They had six bogie wheels and three track-supporting roll- ers as well as one idler and one drive wheel supporting a very wide plate track. The nose of the tank was three-edged, the sides of the hull Approved For Release 2001/11/21 CIA-RDP80-00810A00070024'609?-.Founded off. 1947 to April 1950. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL -3- 1. AAA position. In the open ter- rain east of the Dnepr River, about 500 meters northeast of the southern rail- road bridge. The turret was turtle- shaped and was set up on the forward half of the hull. No information on the gun was available. The rear portion of the turret mounted a notice- ably. large AA machine gun. The muzzle of a machine gun was identi- fied in the upper section of the nose. While riding past the installation in April 1950, source observed an AAA position cca- sisting of four em- bankments. An uniden- tified number of the guns was covered with canvas. The barrels were elevated almost vertically. They were estimated to be 80 to 90 mm. The position was constantly manned by an unidentified number of soldiers who were bivouacked in two large pointed tents near the guns. 2. AAA position. West of the In February 1950, source Dnepr River, observed an AAA position southwest of of three excavated em- Approved For Release 20011111 e e t-W1080-00810A8 E 867-t i" of CONFIDENTIAL An area, about 400 meters square, enclosed by several fences and including a wooden hut, was located about 600 meters north of this AAA position. According to Soviet civilians, the area served as an ammu- nition depot. It was guarded by.sentries carrying rifles. August to 20 October 1950. 1948 to April 1950. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL -4- north of the 80 to 90-mm was seen Kiev-Darnitsa in each emplacement. road. AAA positions. On the eastern Up to October 1950, While going to Borispol bank of the (N5O-21, E30-57) in mid- Dnepr River, north AAA battery of four 1950, source saw another and south of the guns to the north, and AAA battery near the new Kiev- one to the south, of the Borispol airfield. Darnitsa road. concrete road. The guns were estimated to be 80 to 90 mm and had a con- crete base. The AAA unit was located in a barracks, about two km northeast of the positions, on a north-south road. Two towers about 20 meters high and connected by two antenna wires were set up west of the barracks. at an interval of about 50 meters. The lead-in wires of the antenna ended in a small hut. 1. AAA positions. On both sides of the Dnepr River, near the railroad bridge and the vehicle bridge located farthest to the south. south of the road to Darnitsa and several hundred meters west of the river, opposite the other battery. The guns were estimated to be 70 to 90 mm. No billets were seen. Several search- light positions were also located on both banks. The diameter of the searchlights Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-00810A1at '120 to 150 cm. A record firing of the 25X1X 25X1X Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL -5- 2. Barracks, multi- story brick buildings, about 100 meters long with fresco paintings and ornaments on the outer walls and en- closed by a brick wall, two meters high. In the south- western sector south of all bar- racks instal- lations, on the west side of the road to Volinskiy airfield. AAA units was held in February 1950. Searchlight practices with aircraft involved were also ob- served at night. Between February and April 1950, source frequently saw 20 to 25 heavy AA guns towed by prime movers near the batteries on the east- ern bank of the Dnepr River. The guns were operated by civilian workers. Judged by their appearance, the prime movers were also sup- plied by civil agencies. When PW, labor was organ- ized before March 1950, the installation was referred to as a Kadetskiy Shkola. The school was believed to be occupied by more than 1,000 officers of various ranks. They wore black uniforms with red epaulets and tank insignia. The top section of their epau- lets mounted a cross stripe of blue, green, yellow, or violet color. The trainees were fre- quently observed holding review rehearsals, marching out of the billets and leaving the installation on trucks for field exer- cises. The only weapons ob- served were small arms seen at the review rehearsals. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 :CS%Mf ?;Q081 OA000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 -0=-IU R'BDAQA810A000700240007-1 3. Barracks instal- lation of four four- or five-story brick buildings, about 120 meters long and cov- ered with sheet metal roofs, 1 cruciform building, and, south of the latter, two build- ings of the same construction and other unidentified structures as well as one tank monu- ment. At the western exit of the city, about 1,500 me- ters northeast of the Svatoshino freight station, on the south side of Brest-Litovsk Shosse. CONFIDENTIAL Up to March 1950, the bar- racks installation quartered a tank unit organized into four sub-units. The men wore black uniforms with tank insignia on their epau- lets. The entire unit was frequently observed, from Pw Camp No. 7062/4, marching to the training ground northwest of the city. The tanks of the leaders of the four sub-units mounted red- bordered flags, 25 cm square, with the Soviet star; the upper section of the flags consisted of a stripe, about 10 cm wide, of blue, yellow, green or violet color. Up to Feb- ruary 1950s two of the abovementioned units were equipped with T-3L4 tanks and the rest with tanks of another model. In larch, the unit which had a flag with a violet stripe was re-equipped with tanks of another model, which had six minor bogie wheels and a flat, turtle-shaped turret. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL 4. Tank storage area. 5. Barracks in- stallation of several brick build- ings newly con- structed after the war. 6. Military unit in a multi-storied new brick building On the northwest- ern perimeter of the city, on the west side of a large ravine ex- tending from the north to the south. In 1949, the area con- tained at least 200 pits, about 2 meters deep and 3 or 4 meters wide, in which tanks were stored. The unit which marched out of the area, accompanied by an unknown number of these tanks, rode, upon its return, back to the barracks installation described on trucks. Later. a. crew of PW Camp No. 7062/4 con- structed tank stalls of wood and concrete in this area. In the south- western sector of the city, on the west side of the road leading to Volinskiy air- field, several hundred meters north of a tall building on the east side of the road. About 1,000 me- ters east of the Dnepr River, on On the assignment of the PW crews to the individual places of work, the bar- racks installation was re- ferred to as a Militsiya Shkola. According to fellow PWs, the capacity of the installation was as high as 1,000 men, but was not yet fully utilized in 1949. The trainees were officer candidates of the militia; they wore black uniforms and green-bordered epaulets with two white stripes across their lower ends. The building, which was constructed from mid-1949 to March 1950, was referred Approved For Release 2001/11/21 fl0810A000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL June 1949 to March 1950. with a street the south side frontage of about of the road 200 meters. leading from the new bridge in the direction of Darnitsa. Billets and train- East of the ing ground. Dnepr River, north of the Gomel (N52-27, E31-00) road, starting about three km northeast of the vehicular bridge over the Dnepr River. to as a ministry by the PWs. Two army sentries stood guard in front of the building.. Whenever source rode past the structure, from 50 to 80 passenger cars were parked in front of it. Once, the two sentries were seen presenting arms when a passenger car passed by. The training ground, which consisted of pine woods, swamps, and ponds, ex- tended over ten km in a northeastern direction. It was generally referred to as the Brovary by the PWs. a. The western section of the training ground in- cluded an area where exercises of combined arms were frequently observed. Motorized artillery units with guns of various cali- bers, all towed by prime movers, engineer units with pontoons loaded on motor vehicles, and motorized AT units with 37-mm guns and crews riding on trucks, were seen during these Approved For Release 2001/11/21 P 1-U0810A000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL exercises. The letter T was painted on the windshields of all vehicles. b.. A settlement of three- story brick buildings, housing officers, families, was located on the eastern edge of the training ground described in para- graph a. c. Farther to the northeast, the roofs of barracks were seen projecting over the treetops in a woods. During the entire time of obser- vation, a great many soldiers of, various arms were observed at the en- trance to this woods and on the road. A regular German field officer, in- terned in the FK camp, who had made the same observations, believed that a division was lo- cated in the entire area. A review re- hearsal was held in late March 1950. It was directed by a general referred to as a division commander in the PW camp. CONFIDENTIAL Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-00810A000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL December 1949 to March 1950. 1948 to June 1949. Up to May 1949. Billets of four very long huts; enclosed by a wire fence. South of the Novaya Darnitsa freight station. The billets were occupied by an infantry unit of about 1,000 very young soldiers wearing red- bordered epaulets with crossed-rifle insignia. No weapons other than rifles and machine guns were. observed. The men were seen undergoing in- fantry training on the drill ground southwest of the area. Barracks instal- lation of one six- story building, about 30 meters long, and one small shed. About 1,200 meters southwest of the main rail- road station, on the west side of the road leading to Volinskij field. 1. Barracks instal- In the south- lation of one, large, eastern sector three-story, brick of the city, Up to June 1949, the in- stallation was occupied by a traffic police unit of about 200 men. They wore black uniforms and violet-bordered black epaulets. Their average age was estimated at 28 years. A lieutenant colonel was the command- ing officer; five junior officers were observed. The unit was equipped with solo and sidecar motorcycles. When march- ing out of the installation, the mert carried rifles and submachine guns. The barracks installation was referred to as a tank barracks by the Approved For Release 2001/11/21 c A081 OA000700240007-1 A large multi-story building was under con- struction on a site about 500 meters south of this barracks in- stallation. According tinere, tine auitaing was to quarter a police school. An MVD barracks of one long building situated in a park was located 25X1X Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL building, about 200 meters long, amidst parklike gardens, and small wooden buildings; en- closed by a fir hedge, 2 meters high; and in- cluding a small SP gun supported by a concrete base set up in front of the main entrance on the northwest side. about 1,000 meters southwest of the citadel, north of the new superhighway lead- ing from the Dnepr Bridge to the so- called Stalin Bridge, 2,500 meters southeast of the main rail- road station. population. Several colonels appeared to be the ranking officers. They wore two, red- bordered, black patches near this barracks installation. mounting tank insignia on the cuffs of their blouses, and epaulets which also mounted tank insignia. The unit was estimated at 500 men. The men seemed to be fully trained. In the morning, the unit, which had not more than 35 SP guns, was frequently seen marching out to the train- ing ground south of the city, east of the Vasilkovo (N50-U, E30-18) road. The armored vehicles included an unidentified number of tank chassis. An unidenti- fied number of the SP guns was also stored southwest of the city, on a road to Volinskiy airfield. The area included large, open sheds set up as late as 1917. The guns were pulled under these roofs from both sides. The number of the guns stored there was not identified; the capacity of the area was estimated at more than 200 vehicles. The chassis of Approved For Release 2001/11/21 CIA- l Mb810A000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 IPI-FD TIAL00810A000700240007-1 CON the SP guns mounted six bogie wheels, three track- supporting rollers, and metal plate tracks, about 60 cm wide. The track width was about three meters (sic),and about six meters long. The rigid superstructure was for "bard of the middle of the chassis and had no commander's cupola. The gun, larger than 100-mm, projected far beyond the nose and had a roll-shaped muzzle-brake. Two machine guns were in- stalled on either side of the gun barrel. Several SP guns mounted antennae set up on the right forward section of the superstructure. The SP gun was driven by a diesel engine. 2. Armored train. About 2,500 meters According to fellow PWs, an south of the armored train was on a southern railroad siding in a roundhouse up bridge over the to May 1949. Dnepr River, on the western bank of the river. 1948 to Barracks instal- On the western Up to April 1949, the bar- April 1949. lation of several perimeter of the racks were occupied by a brick buildings city, northeast tank unit of undetermined with an antenna of the military size. Once, the unit was tower, five or six freight station. observed marching out of Approved For Release 2001/11/21 a&*1Sj 0810A000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL -13- meters high, set up on the roof of one building; en- closed by a high brick wall. 1. Barracks instal- In the southern. lation of one., four- sector of the story. brick build- city, on the east ing, about 200 meters side of a street long, with a flat, with a streetcar sheet metal roof, route leading bordering on a park- from the rail- ing lot to the east. road station to the automobile factory, south of a prison. the installation accompanied by at least 50 T-31 tanks bearing white circles en- closing a lightning insignia, on both sides of the turret. Combined exercises of small tank units and infantrymen were frequently held on the training ground between the barracks and the PW camp. During these exercises, the seizure of a trench system was practiced again and again by the troops,with the infantrymen riding on the rearward tanks. Haring dismounted from the tanks, forming a semicircle, the infantrymen began to assault the trench system. Sub- sequently, the tanks rolled over the trenches. In February 1950, the in- stallation was occupied by an AAA unit estimated at one battalion. About 15 AA guns of 70 to 80 mm caliber without muzzle brakes were on the parking lot. Approximately the same number of trucks were stored nearby. CONFIDENTIAL Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : OM- i810A000700240007-1 -14- January to April 1950. 2. Barracks instal- lation of four, two- story buildings, about 80 meters long, set up at a right angle to the road, and one smaller build- ing. In the central sector of the city, about 800 meters south- southeast of the railroad station, on the west side of a road to the south. In late 1949, the instal- lation quartered a horse- drawn infantry unit. The 18-to 20-year-old soldiers wore red epaulets. No details were determined. 1. Barracks instal- lation, about 400x 200 meters, of three. old, five-story. brick buildings, about 100 meters long, and six to eight open sheds, about 30 meters long; enclosed by a thick wall, three or four meters high. In the southeast- ern sector of the city, on the east side of a major street with.a streetcar route, bordering on the prison to the south. Up to April 1950, the in- stallation was occupied by an AT unit, estimated at 1,000 men. The instal- lation seemed to be occu- pied to capacity by troops, most of whom were very young men. Up to 200 men were observed practicing in the barracks yard. No small arms other than submachine guns were seen. Heavy AT guns, the number of which was esti- mated at several hundred, were under the sheds. The guns were never observed in use. They had split trail gun carriages and single, rubber-tired, disc wheels. The overall length of the barrel was estimated at six meters. The barrel had a pear-shaped muzzle brake and two conical tapers in front of the shield. Its caliber was estimated at 80 mm. The overall height of the gun was about 1.3 meters. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 c -Q0810A000700240007-1 25X1A Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL 2. Barracks instal- lation of three. red, multi-story, brick buildings, 80 to 100 meters long, and eight to ten open wooden sheds, about 40 meters long, in- cluding a large storage area; en- closed by a thick wall, about 3.5 meters high. -15- Bordering on the prison Tyurma I to the north. Up to April 1950, the installation quartered a tank unit, the size of which was estimated to be at least 2,000 men. The very young soldiers wore black epau- lets and tank insignia on their collar patches. The men who were observed practicing in the barracks yard carried only submachine guns. From 200 to 300 two- and three-aale.trucks were stored in several lines, in the storage area bi- secting the installation. Tanks of one model, an unknown number of which was covered with canvas, were stored in the open sheds. They had relatively small bogie wheels; no track-supporting rollers were recollected. Source was sure that the nose of the tanks was not three- edged. Seen from above, the turret seemed to be elliptical, with rounded off edges. There was no commander's cupola. The gun mounted a barrel of a caliber less than 100 mm, which had a pear-shaped muzzle brake and projected far beyond the nose. The rear mounted roll-shaped fuel drums. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081 OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL Approved For Release 2001/11/21 c i I! 0810A000700240007-1 Krasnyy Up to Luch November (N48-08, 1949. E38-56). 3. Barracks instal- lation of three. large, five-story, brick buildings, about 70 meters long. 1. Barracks instal- lation of one multi- story building, about 100 meters long, with two side- wings,: about 70 meters long, and several small build- ings; enclosed by a barbed wire fence. 2. Barracks instal- lation of a head- quarters building,. about 50 meters long, a mess build- of the same length, a three-story bar- racks, 80 meters long, and another barracks about 120 meters long; en- closed by a barbed wire fence. Approved For Release South of the city, about 1,000 meters southeast of the automobile fac- tory, near a power plant. In the central sector of the city, about 1,000 meters southeast of the railroad station. About 1,090 meters north- east of the railroad sta- tion on a hill; about 1,000 meters south- west of a cemetery. The installation was generally referred to as the Signal Barracks by the Plfs. A steel tower, about 100 meters high, whose upper half mounted obstruction lights, was set up at a distance of 200 to 300 meters from the instal- lation. Up to November 1949., the installation quartered an infantry unit of at least 500 men. Three units of company size were fre- quently observed. The men wore red epaulets mounting number 416. They were equipped with.rifles, submachine guns and light machine guns. This installation also quartered a unit with number 416 of approxi mately the same size as the unit located in the installation des- cribed under Point No. 1. One colonel, two other field officers, three captains, and several lieutenants were seen in the headquarters building. The men of this unit ware also equipped with rifles, submachine guns, and light 2001111121: CIA-RDP80-00810A00070'AW4s? 25X1X Town December 191L9. 19) 6 to March 19b9. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL Supply Installations in the Kiev MD Installation Data on installation Ordnance depot, a large, fenced-in installation, about 500x14OO meters, with a number of trees. Motor vehicle re- pair shop, a fairly old instal- lation. In the south- eastern sector of the city, about 200 meters northeast of the southern freight .station, In the suburb of Podal on the northern peri- meter of Kiev, on the northeast side of Frunze Street. Not less than 1,000 guns, an unidentified number of which was covered with canvas, were stored in lines. Source only recollected that they differed in size and caliber. An unidentified number of soldiers was working on the guns. - In 1949, the shop, which formerly had the numerical designation 5 or 7, was renamed Auto Repair Zavod 12 (ARZ 12). It included an assembly shop, about 70 meters long, with a foundry equipped with three forge fires and two hardening furnaces, and a kitchen attached; a machine shop equipped with two lathes, three milling machines, and two drilling machines; one mechanical shop, about 70 meters long, to manu- facture replacement parts, equipped with 20 lathes, four milling machines, three grinding machines>and two drilling machines; 1 electroshop to repair electric components; and a vulcanizing department equipped with four furnaces. Besides these build- ings, an office building, the guardhouse, a tool storage shed, and a service station with underground installations were located in the area of the motor vehicle repair shop. The three-story administration building was on the opposite side of Frunze Street. The labor force of the repair shop, excluding the Soviet workers, numbered more than 100 PWs. The rate of monthly production was estimated at 50 trucks of various types. Approved For Release 20011 1I iRIDP80-00810A000700240007-1 October 1948. 1949 to March 1950. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 Clothing depot. Southwest of the main railroad station, in one of the barracks installations on the road leading to Volinskiy air- field. In October 1948, police uniforms were stored on the fourth floor of a large building. The dark-blue blouses had red piping and red epau- lets. The trousers were black. The clothing was later taken to the Justice Building. Ordnance depot, about 1,000x5OO meters, with one small brick build- ing and open ammu- nition storage sheds located in the western sec- tion. West-southwest of the main rail- road station, on the west side of the road leading to Volinskiy air- field. a guns in one ne. The guns were arranged in several lines, and source estimated their number at 700. When ob- serving the installation from a distance in March 1950, source felt that the number of the guns had increased. The guns were 70-mm to 80-mm models and had muzzle brakes:. Workers, including women, of the Bolshevik Plant-were trained with an unidentified number of-these guns after 1700 daily: b. In March 1950, the number of AT guns was esti- mated at more than 500. The guns were of a light model of about 37 mm, were brand--new and had two wheels, a shield, and a split- trail gun carriage. c. About 100 short-barreled guns of about 150 mm caliber with split-trail gun carriages and two-part shields were also stored in the depot. The wheels had solid rubber tires. Vertical cylinders were installed on either side of the barrel. d. About 30 short-barreled guns of about 300 mm caliber, without muzzle brakes, were also ob- served. They were moved in two loads. Not Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 25X1X 25X1X Voroshilov- Up to grad November (N48-33, 1949. E39-19). Approved For Release 2001/11/21 : CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1 CONFIDENTIAL -19- less than 50 prime movers were seen near the guns. Tank and ordnance park, about 1,000x 800 meters; en- closed by several wire fences; equip- ped with numerous wooden poles mount- ing searchlights. Several kilo- meters west of the city, near the junction of the Voroshilov- grad-Lissichansk (N48-55, E38-25) roads. e.. Very large quantities of ammunition, partly unpacked, were stored in the western sector of the installation. The bulk was AT and kA gun ammunition. Source was sure that ammu- nition for the other gun models was also stored there. Very large boxes were believed to con- tain shells for the heaviest guns. Source was unable to estimate the quantities of ammu- nition stored. Source believed the guns had self-propelled carriages. The park was referred to, by an MPD officer, as an army depot, which was allegedly controlled by an agency in Kharkov. The soldiers employed at the. depot wore red-bordered, black epaulets with tank and artillery insignia. They seemed to do checkup and repair work. From 25 to 30 ambulances were on blocks in the open, on the round square at the entrance. An unidentified number of tanks was stored in ten open storage halls, about 50x20 meters, with concrete floors and gabled roofs. Rocket launchers (possibly with 34 barrels), mounted on three-axle trucks, with small trailers, were stored in nine open storage halls, about 100 by 50 neters. The number of the rocket launchers was not specified. Ten more open storage halls, about 100x50 meters, contained guns and prime movers. The guns had noticeably long barrels, and wheels painted white. Three very large, closed, wooden, storage halls serving undetermined purposes were located in another section of the depot. An unidentified number of trucks and prime movers was in front of these buildings. Soldiers wearing fatigue uniforms were working on the motor vehicles. Approved For Release 2001/11/21 CIA-RDP80-0081OA000700240007-1