119 of 130
jpg [112 kB, 768 x 1024]
Temple of Ramses II at el Derr in Nubia. Carved into the rocks, the site was dedicated to the god Ra-Harakhte (Ra and Horus). The structure was moved to this location in the 1960s because of the rising waters of Lake Nasser.
Factbook images and photos — obtained from a variety of sources — are in the public domain and are copyright free.