8 of 14
jpg [156 kB, 880 x 1200]
The Georgian Orthodox Jvari Monastery (Monastery of the Cross) was built in the 6th century A.D. overlooking Mtskheta, the ancient capital of Caucasian Iberia. The monastery is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Factbook images and photos — obtained from a variety of sources — are in the public domain and are copyright free.