Photos

Photo Details

4 of 4

Guernsey

The Little Chapel in Guernsey was built in 1914 using donated pieces of china, seashells, and pebbles by a monk who wanted to create a miniature version of the Shrine of Our Lady at Lourdes (France). Much of the broken china was donated by the Wedgewood and Royal Doulton companies. The chapel has room for about eight people and has been described as “probably the biggest tourist attraction in Guernsey.”