The Hungarian Parliament Building is situated on Kossuth Square in the Pest side of the city, on the eastern bank of the Danube. It was designed by Hungarian architect Imre Steindl in neo-Gothic style and completed in 1904. It is still the largest building in Hungary. Standing 96 m (315 ft) high, it is one of the two tallest buildings in Budapest, along with Saint Stephen’s Basilica. The height number of 96 refers to the nation’s millennium, 1896, and the conquest of the Kingdom of Hungary in 896. The main façade overlooks the River Danube, but the official main entrance is from the square on the east side of the building.